Username Password: Remember me

OAK RIDGE TRAIL WORK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: OAK RIDGE TRAIL WORK

OAK RIDGE TRAIL WORK 1 year, 9 months ago #43644

• 68shrk
  • Gold Member
Please try to attend our trail work sessions this weekend. Message me & Tyler if you can make it. One, or both of us, should be out there Sat, Sun, & Mon riding and working. The amount of time does not matter. A leaf rake or hoe would be great tools. The leaf rake can be used to rake the path for the trail, and the hoe can be used to chop out the small straggling items in the trail's path WITHOUT digging up any roots! We are NOT removing any topsoil! There is 1 main area needing armoring at a creek crossing in the east ravine. There is a pile of rock/boulders/fill-dirt which we can use to do so. We have already created a brick crossing, just need to fix the entrance/exit and climbs out of the ravine.

It's also ok to just come out and ride! Ride it rain (snow) or shine! It will help pack-in the trail and show us any areas needing attention!

Thanks!
Bart
The following user(s) said Thank You: TylerG

Re: OAK RIDGE TRAIL WORK 1 year, 9 months ago #43659

• 68shrk
  • Gold Member
TRAIL WORK POSTPONED TO TOMORROW DUE TO SNOW. As I don't think many have snow shovels down here.

However, feel free to come out and ride with me today!

Re: OAK RIDGE TRAIL WORK 1 year, 9 months ago #43662

• 68shrk
  • Gold Member
If you ride the trails today, or early tomorrow, please watch for dead-fall!!! Just finished a great ride, but there were a lot of trees and branches down on the trail due to the snow storm. I moved a few larger trees that were moveable, but left most for tomorrow's clean-up. Trail is in great condition!!! RIDE THE SNOW!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds